11 May 2015
Corona Geek #141 – Creating and Matching Puzzle Pieces
During last week’s Hangout we finished up our memory matching game series by adding game logic to keep track of which cards have matching images and which don’t.
This week we examined the core mechanics for creating a puzzle game. We focused in on the parts that might leave you wondering, “How do they do that?” We covered how to create puzzle pieces and tell when they are arranged correctly. Download the code to see how it was coded.
Let’s Play Boom Dot for May!
For May we’re playing Boom Dot for a chance to win a $50 gift card. To participate, share a screenshot / picture of your high score on the Corona Geek Facebook page before the June 1st Hangout.
Replay Last Week’s Show
- Corona Geek #140 – Developing a Non-Game App and Memory Matching Game Logic
- Suggest Hangout Discussion Topics
- Game Development using Corona SDK in 2015 with ASO & Ads ( Use CouponCode CoronaGeek to take this Udemy course for $9 )
- Learn Corona SDK from Dr. Brian Burton
- Get Game Templates, Tools, and Tutorials
- Watch Corona University Videos
- How-to: Create a UI Button in Corona SDK
- How-to: Displaying Angry Birds Style Trajectory Points
- Subscribe to the new Fuse Powered Youtube channel
- Watch – Adding An App To The Dashboard
- Watch – Game Analysis – Mr Jump
- An Introduction to Push Notifications for Monetization
- Listen – Podcast Episode 1 – Outerminds And The Launch Of Tadpole Tap
- 5 Metrics Every Game Should Track
- A Beginner’s Guide to Player Segmentation
Thank you for watching, listening, and following Corona Geek: