27 August 2012
Should You Develop Your App Using HTML5 or Native Code
So, what should you use to build your mobile apps, HTML5 or native code? That’s the debate that is raging these days. In some cases the answer is very clear and in others it’s not so much. HTML5 doesn’t depend on an App Store for distribution and many web developers can leverage their existing skills to create mobile friendly apps, but even Facebook, with all the coding muscle you’d think they must have made the recent choice to convert their mobile app from using HTML5 to native code.
Here are a few great discussion on the topic:
- HTML5 vs. Apps: Why The Debate Matters, And Who Will Win
- HTML5 vs. native apps: How to pick the right path
- Under the hood: HTML5 or native? A guide
- Google I/O 2011: HTML5 versus Android: Apps or Web for Mobile Development?
- HTML5 vs Native: The Mobile App Debate
What’s your opinion as a mobile app developer or as someone who uses mobile apps?