22 October 2012
Corona Geek On Air – Episode 11 – Zombie Marketing, iPad Mini, Windows 8, and Mobile App Analytics
Corona Geek On Air episode 11 is live!
During this episode of Corona Geek we talk about how an indie Corona developer is using Kickstarter to drum up marketing dollars for his next app. We also have a great discussion about the iPad Mini, Windows 8, and implementing mobile app analytics using the Corona SDK and Flurry.
Be sure to see the show notes below for a full list of resources that were referenced during the show.
Thanks for watching,
- Brian Burton – Author of Mobile App Development with Corona: Getting Started
- Toff Ward – Developer / Geek / Gnome
- Charles McKeever – Developer / Gamer / Runner
If you are new to the conversation, the Corona SDK is a cross platform mobile development tool kit that makes it easy for developers to create native applications for Android and iOS devices as well as for Kindle, and Nook. You can find out more about the Corona SDK at http://www.CoronaLabs.com.
A few things we discussed during today’s hangout:
Lastest Build Release Notes
- Build 930 provides a new workaround for iOS 6 iPhone/iPod touch landscape-only crashing bug with Game Center.
- Dr. Brian Burton will be teaching a Dual Enrollment Course for learning mobile development using the Corona SDK. If you’re interested in taking an online course, be sure to check out the course details and sign up soon. There is a registration limit of 50 students for this course.
- What are some creative ways to market my app? Here’s an example of an indie developer who is using Kickstarter to raise funds for marketing the next version of his app.
Corona Blog highlights
App Review –
- Sprite Something – iPad / iPhone app for creating sprites.
- Grooh as an example of an isometric game made with Corona
Device / Industry News
- iPad Mini is expected to be announced tomorrow, October 23rd.
- Windows 8 – Can XBox revive Microsoft?
- Microsoft Surface ships on 26th for $499 – 32GB w/o typing cover or $599 w/typing cover
- When we hung out with David Rangel, he mentioned that many developers fail to build analytics into their apps. So we decided to take a look at the analytics api in the Corona SDK to see how it all works.
SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES!