15 October 2012
Corona Geek On Air – Episode 10 – Mobile App Marketing with David Rangel, COO Corona Labs
Corona Geek On Air episode 10 is live!
During this week’s episode of Corona Geek we talk with David Rangel, COO of Corona Labs and he shares a ton of great mobile app marketing advice. Everything from what to include in your app, to when you should start thinking about marketing your app. David also shared some insights with us about the Corona Ambassador program, the new Developer Evangelist position, and what Corona Labs will be doing in 2013.
Thank you David for sharing your time with us. We really appreciate it.
Be sure to see the show notes below for a full list of resources that were referenced during the show.
Thanks for watching,
- David Rangel – COO of Corona Labs
- Brian Burton – Author of Mobile App Development with Corona: Getting Started
- Toff Ward – Developer / Geek / Gnome
- Charles McKeever – Developer / Gamer / Runner
If you are new to the conversation, the Corona SDK is a cross platform mobile development tool kit that makes it easy for developers to create native applications for Android and iOS devices as well as for Kindle, and Nook. You can find out more about the Corona SDK at http://www.CoronaLabs.com.
Here are some of the questions we asked David:
- What is your role as COO at Corona Labs?
- What is the biggest challenge new Corona Developers face?
- What marketing channels do you suggest for indie developers?
- What marketing channels do you feel get overlooked most?
- What is Corona Labs doing to promote developers?
- How can developers get their apps featured on the Corona Labs website?
- What is the goal of the Corona Ambassadors Program?
- What is the best way for Corona Ambassadors to spread the word about Corona?
- What’s in store for Corona Labs in 2013?
This was an information packed episode, so we will be breaking the recording out into multiple videos and companion articles. Look for those coming soon.
Take a Mobile App Development Course this winter!
During the hangout, Dr. Brian Burton also announced that Abilene Christian College will be offering an Intro to Mobile App Development dual-enrollment course this winter. High School students can enroll now. The only pre-requisite is that they have completed 2 years of Algebra or at least be taking their second year of Algebra.
Students receive 3 credit hours for just $270. Homeschoolers are welcome too! Download the course flyer for more details.
SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES!