16 March 2015
Corona Geek #133 – Game Dev, Part 5 – Continuous Hallways, Particle Effects, and Game Restarting
During last week’s Hangout we continued our endless runner game development series. We added a player object, added touch inputs, and created camera movement. At the end of the Hangout we had a playable game with moving zig zag walls, a player, and the ability to move around.
This week we added code to handle continuous hallway generation, memory cleanup, and game restarting when the player runs into a wall. We also added particle effects to our player to give the game some extra flare.
Each week we are adding new pieces to our game. Download the code from the repo and follow along.
March’s Geek Game – Let’s Play
This month’s game is Zig Zag Boom, which is also the game we are breaking down in our endless runner game development series. To compete in this month’s Corona Geek Games, the rules are simple. Play the game for a high score, then share a photo / screenshot of your score on the Corona Geek Facebook wall for a chance to win. Download Zig Zag Boom for iOS or Zig Zag Boom for Android now and start playing. March’s winner will be announced April 6th. Good luck!
Replay Last Week’s Show
- Corona Geek #132 – Game Design Part 4 – Adding A Player, Touch Inputs, and Camera Movement
- Suggest Hangout Discussion Topics
- Download the endless runner game clone repo
- Corona Super Starter Kit
- Learn to Program Using Corona SDK
- Save $5 on Widget Themes from Crave Creative
- CBEffects – Particle Effect Particle System for Corona SDK
- Join Corona Ambassador, Sergey Lerg, at Mobius on April 3rd
Thank you for watching, listening, and following Corona Geek: